Work at a Summer Camp Dedicated to Hiking and Outdoor Adventure
select a region:
Hiking Jobs in the Northeastern United States
Hancock, Vermont Position Available:
Counselor- Adventure Sports / Biking / Rock Climbing Etc Salary Range:
$2400- 3000 plus room/board Type:
Residential coed summer camp Contact: email@example.com Website: http://www.killooleet.com
- All campers bring bike to camp to ride on our campus and go on hikes and overnight trips.
- All counselors are cabin counselors, working in teams of 3, and activity counselors.
- We are looking for counselors with skills in road and off road bicycling, rock climbing, hiking, nature, sports, waterfront, and arts skills
- Campers are introduced to activities (bicycling, rock climbing, back packing) that often become lifetime passions.
- Supervise a group of 7-8 students (2 staff per group), for 24 hrs/day, on 10 to 26 day courses; facilitate a safe and successful experience during adventure-based courses; facilitate the development of life skills, organizational skills, self-esteem, problem-solving strategies, communication techniques, and social skills.
- Assist in developing personal goals for each student; write a comprehensive student evaluation at the end of each course; and act as a role model for students by demonstrating maturity, responsibility, good organizational skills, and professional behavior.
- Minimum 21 years of age (some exceptions allowed); 2 years of college experience, in human service related field preferred (e.g., Education, Psychology, Recreation); current WFA and CPR certifications; Lifeguard required for FL & CA staff; experience and/or desire to work with LD and AD/HD youth; patience, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility.
- Complete a staff application on-line at http://soarnc.org/about-soar/employment-opportunities/ or contact Andrea Wackerle, SOAR, PO Box 388, Balsam, NC 28707, (828)456-3435, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work with groups of 7-8 students with 2 instructors to facilitate a safe and successful experience during the adventure activity portions of 10 to 26 day courses.
- Minimum 21 years of age (some exceptions allowed). Minimum of 2 years college experience, preferable in Recreation Therapy, Outdoor Recreation, Education, or Psychology. WFA and CPR required (WFR preferred for WY & CA). Lifeguard certification required for FL, WY and CA staff.
- Strong experience required in technical skills such as rock site facilitation and management, ropes course facilitation, white water rafting, caving, mountain biking, or ocean/water activities (FL & CA only). Patience, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, maturity, and integrity required. Use of personal vehicle required for NC & WY.
- Complete a staff application on-line at http://soarnc.org/about-soar/employment-opportunities/ or contact Laura Pate, SOAR, PO Box 388, Balsam, NC 28707, (828)456-3435, email@example.com.
- Hike 5 days per week in the beautiful state of Maine
- Teach campers all of the wonderful aspects of nature, hiking, and camping.
- Room, board, meals, internet and laundry included
- Work alongside fun, diverse and exciting young adults.
- Quinebarge is a traditional, coed residential summer camp for kids ages 6-16.
- Trips counselors spend their summers leading hiking, canoeing/kayaking, and camping trips throughout New Hampshire and the White Mountains.
- Benefits include competitive salary, room and board, camp tuition for your children ages 6-16, and weekly laundry. Internship credit available for students.
- To read our full job description, please visit campquinebarge.com/staff/staff-positions/ and click on Trips Counselor
Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania Position Available:
Activity Instructors Salary Range:
Competitive Salary & Travel Allowance Type:
Residential Coed Summer Camp Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.campcayuga.com
- TRADITIONAL, private, coed, nonsectarian, sleepaway camp for children ages 6-16. Over 60 daily activities! Diverse population from 26 states and 17 countries. Comprehensive facilities. Separate Teen Campus. Same family ownership since 1962. Staff/camper ratio is better than 1:4. ACA accredited. Less than 3 hrs from NYC and Philadelphia.
- MULTI-TALENTED individuals with high moral character, who exhibit good sportsmanship; a genuine interest in working with kids; and the ability to work hard from morning to nightfall to ensure a positive camp experience for each camper! Need to provide quality instruction from beginner to advanced levels. Certification is preferred.
- INSTRUCTORS needed for 60 land & water sports: Horseback Riding, Rock Climbing, Trapeze, Circus, Skateboarding, Archery, Riflery, ATVs, Paintball, Martial Arts, Fencing, Pottery, Ceramics, Wrestling, Music, Cheerleading, Dance, Mountain Biking, Zip Line, Lifeguards, Swimming. See our website for a complete list of instructor positions.
- BENEFITS: Good salary, travel allowance, room & board, and laundry service. Tips are permitted. Staff lounge features internet access. Meet kids and work with high-caliber staff from around the world. Accept challenging responsibilities this summer, and gain valuable lifetime rewards! Free camp tuition for staff with children.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: Adventure Trip Staff Counselors will organize and instruct in one or more of our adventure sports and rock climbing, canoeing, and/or hiking and camping; will schedule and lead off-camp trips.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 19 or finished first year in college; have experience in the outdoors and our advneture sports; must love children; must be motivated, confident, and enthusiastic!
- BENEFITS: Competitive salary; room, board, and laundry included; gain more certifications for job; learn about yourself; play in the outdoors all summer!
- JOB DESCRIPTION: Counselors are first and foremost role models for our campers by being their cabin counselor as well as activity instructor, teaching one of our 18 traditional camp activities during the 10-week program.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 19 or finished first year in college; must love being with children; must be energetic, caring, and a great role model for children.
- BENEFITS: Competitive salary; room, board, and laundry included; live in a small, family oriented community; play with children in the outdoors all summer!
- Room and board and workmen's compensation included. Work in small camp sharing nature with small groups of children and teens.
- Use direct experiences, games, arts, music to help children immerse in and learn about the natural world and develop a conservation ethic.
- Join a staff of energetic, creative, witty, and caring high school and college students, live and work in a sanctuary.
- Chase butterflies, catch newts, watch birds, unearth fossils. Dates: June 18 - Aug. 25.
- Instructors lead activities that include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, ziplining, cooking, orienteering
- The six-person instructor team works closely together to coordinate all aspects of the trip, including instruction in all outdoor activities, risk management, managing group dynamics, menu planning, purchasing food, laundry, transportation, coordinating with outfitters, maintaining equipment and handling medical issues.
- Benefits include a competitive salary, a travel stipend, access to pro-purchase discounts, and the opportunity to work both summer (early June to mid-August) and fall school group programs (late August through late October in North Carolina).
- Applicants must be 21 years of age (college graduate or degree in progress preferred), have a valid WFR/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire one), several years experience working with youth and leading outdoor programs and be willing to work long hours with little to no time off.
- Co-lead small groups of participants ages 10-16 on overnight wilderness adventure programs, including climbing, rafting, canoeing, caving, kayaking and backpacking.
- YMCA based program takes place in VA, NC, TN, WV.
- Room/ board, laundry included, obtainable certifications, use of camp equipment.
- Staff training begins 3rd to 4th week in May (training is three weeks), 9 weeks working with campers and camp ends ~ Aug 15.
Hardwick, New Jersey Position Available:
Summer Camp Staff- Counselors/ Activity Specialists Salary Range:
Coed Camp with Residential & Day Camp Sessions Contact: email@example.com Website: http://www.campmason.org
- Cabin Counselors, Program Staff (Nature, Ropes, Farm & Garden, Arts & Crafts, Trips, etc), Lifeguards, EMTs, Nurses, support staff, activity specialists: archery, riflery, basketball, canoeing, mountain biking, pottery, soccer, high ropes, low ropes, nature, dance, drama, boating, fishing, arts & crafts, skateboarding, hockey, outdoor ski
- Lead canoe or hiking trips in Maine
- Seven week camp program with one additional week of orientation