Work at a Summer Camp Dedicated to Hiking and Outdoor Adventure
select a region:
Hiking Jobs in Canada
- Hike 5 days per week in the beautiful state of Maine
- Teach campers all of the wonderful aspects of nature, hiking, and camping.
- Room, board, meals, internet and laundry included
- Work alongside fun, diverse and exciting young adults.
- Instructors lead activities that include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, ziplining, cooking, orienteering
- The six-person instructor team works closely together to coordinate all aspects of the trip, including instruction in all outdoor activities, risk management, managing group dynamics, menu planning, purchasing food, laundry, transportation, coordinating with outfitters, maintaining equipment and handling medical issues.
- Benefits include a competitive salary, a travel stipend, access to pro-purchase discounts, and the opportunity to work both summer (early June to mid-August) and fall school group programs (late August through late October in North Carolina).
- Applicants must be 21 years of age (college graduate or degree in progress preferred), have a valid WFR/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire one), several years experience working with youth and leading outdoor programs and be willing to work long hours with little to no time off.
- Cedar Ridge is located in the Beautiful Madawaska Highlands and offers summer and outdoor education programs for children ages 7-16
- We are looking for a ROCK CLIMBING and ROPES COURSE instructor to manage day-to-day activities at a rock wall and high ropes course, and run off-site rappelling day trips. In addition, climbing instructors will participate in all aspects of camp life. Job runs from June 5- August 8, 2015
- Experience in rock climbing and working with children is required.
- For more information or to apply, please contact Grayson Burke at email@example.com or 613-332-6675