Work at a Summer Camp Dedicated to Hiking and Outdoor Adventure
select a region:
Hiking Jobs in Canada
Grand Manan, Canada Position Available:
Outdoor Recreation and Dormitory Counselor Salary Range:
$550/week plus food and accommodation Type:
Residential coed summer camp Contact: email@example.com Website: http://www.whalecamp.com
- Plan and facilitate evening programs: group sports, team building games, new games, art activities, night hikes, environmental debates, campfires
- Manage all aspects of dorm life: unpacking/ packing, conflict resolution, homesickness, bedtime, communications w/ parents.
- Hike 6 days per week in the beautiful state of Maine
- Room, Board, Meals, Internet, Laundry Included
- Teach kids all the great aspects of camping and hiking
- Instructors lead activities that include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, ziplining, cooking, orienteering
- The six-person instructor team works closely together to coordinate all aspects of the trip, including instruction in all outdoor activities, risk management, managing group dynamics, menu planning, purchasing food, laundry, transportation, coordinating with outfitters, maintaining equipment and handling medical issues.
- Benefits include a competitive salary, a travel stipend, access to pro-purchase discounts, and the opportunity to work both summer (early June to mid-August) and fall school group programs (late August through late October in North Carolina).
- Applicants must be 21 years of age (college graduate or degree in progress preferred), have a valid WFR/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire one), several years experience working with youth and leading outdoor programs and be willing to work long hours with little to no time off.